Welcome to Scotvet, Your Local Vets in Glasgow
1st October 2021
As we are now observing COVID security measures in our practices we ask all our clients to take note of and comply with the following -
• Both Baillieston & Sandyhills clinics will remain open to provide veterinary services under strict Covid security. • If you or anyone in your household has Covid symptoms, please do not attend the surgery if you have an appointment, but inform us immediately. We can then make arrangements over the phone to address you pet’s needs.
• We can offer telephone consultations with a vet or nurse if this is more appropriate to your situation. Please phone us to arrange the telephone appointment time making sure you will be available. There will be a charge for these appointments and any medication required. If you think it is appropriate to have photos of your pet’s condition seen by the vet, please make sure they are e mailed to us before the appointment time.
• We are still seeing animals at the surgery for consultations or operations. However, we are still operating a closed door policy so phone when you are outside. Please be punctual- if you are too early you will have longer to wait outside. If you are late you will likely not be seen and have to be to be rescheduled.
• Missed appointments will incur a charge.
• Our Baillieston clinic has more parking space than at our Sandyhills vets clinic.
• It is compulsory to wear a face mask. You will not be admitted without one.
• Please comply with any Covid instructions given by our staff.
Thank you for your patience and compliance in these difficult times. Together we can all help each other to come through this safely.
We have published a full FAQs detailing the services we are offering during this time and the social distancing measures that have been put in place at our Glasgow vet clinics. Please click here for the most up to date information.
Please follow us on Facebook for regular news updates. We aim to protect our staff, our clients and continue to provide the best care for your pets. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please call 0141 778 8335 to speak to a member of our team if you have any queries or concerns.
We are an independently owned team of veterinary professionals providing veterinary care and advice to pets and their owners, through our Glasgow vet clinics located in Sandyhills, Shettleston and Baillieston.
Our team of Glasgow vets are experienced and qualified veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses, who strive to provide care and attention to all the patients in their care, whether they are old or young, healthy or unwell, from the smallest mouse to the biggest dog and everything in between.
Taking your pet to the vets for whatever reason can sometimes be stressful for both you the owner and for your pet. That is why we have put together an FAQ that will hopefully answer all your questions.
Keep your pets calm this firework season
Info Zone - October 2021
Fireworks can be extremely distressing for pets. Not knowing what an explosion is, where it is coming from or when the next one will be can leave our beloved companions scared and in desperate need of some TLC. Here are some of our top tips to keep your pets safe and calm this firework season.
The Latest Small Talk PDF
Small Talk - Spring 2019
Recently the Government declared that drug-resistant super bugs are as big a threat to humanity as climate change. This announcement was given as a new five–year plan to tackle the problem was unveiled. As part of this, there has been a commitment to reduce antibiotic use in animals by 25%, from the 2016 levels, by next year.